Newsroom - Breaking News
Miami-Dade TPO Governing Board Advances SMART Plan Demonstration Projects
MIAMI-DADE – During their June 21, 2018 meeting, the Miami-Dade TPO Governing Board approved a resolution endorsing the Strategic Miami Area Rapid Transit (SMART) Plan demonstration projects and approving identified funding framework to advance the projects. The projects are a result of a TPO resolution sponsored by TPO Board Chairman Bovo to identify and implement demonstration projects that enhance transit connectivity and advance elements of the SMART Plan, which calls for six rapid transit corridors throughout Miami-Dade County.
“Working together with our partners at the municipal and state levels, the TPO has been able to develop a series of demonstration projects. These projects will significantly increase accessibility to transit and offer new congestion relief options to the residents of Miami-Dade County and begin to implement the vision of the SMART Plan," Chairman Bovo.
The SMART Plan demonstration projects include:
- Doral-FIU Trolley Service
- Miami-Flagami Trolley Service
- Miami-Midtown/Design District Commuter Train Station
- Coral Gables-Flex Service via electric vehicles
- Miami-Beach-Beach Express North
- Miami Shores-SMART Shuttle Service
- North Bay Village Connector
- Palmetto Bay New Transit Service A / New Transit Facility B
- Pinecrest South Dade Transitway Circulator
- Town of Cutler Bay-Cutler Bay Express
- Town of Medley-Central Commuter Service
The TPO will be transmitting this funding request to the Florida Department of Transportation for matching funds.
Back to Top Page Last Edited: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:20:55 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.